Fugitives' Drift Summer Special - Self-Catering Offer
For those looking to doing things at their own pace but still enjoy the Fugitives' Drift Experience Umzinyathi Self-Catering Farmhouse and Kwa-George Cottage BnB are what you are looking for.
Fugitives’ Drift is where history lessons can be brought to life, as you overlook the famous historical battle sites of Isandlwana and Rorke’s Drift. Set within a 5000-acre game reserve with 22km of river frontage, Fugitives’ Drift has something for the whole family, with plentiful game, hiking routes, and incredible historical tours.
Self-Catering Special Offer
Umzinyathi Self-Catering Farmhouse
Our spacious self-catering three-bedroom villa, which can sleep six. Accommodation is on the game reserve, five minutes’ drive from the main lodge.
- Rate includes accommodation no meals.
- R5 800 (for the entire unit) – per night
- R14 500 (for the entire unit) – for a five-night stay (saving R14,700)
BnB Special Offer
Kwa-George Cottage (Twin Room)
This small cottage is in the grounds of Umzinyathi Farmhouse; aptly named “Kwa-George” which means, “Place of George” in the Zulu language.
Kwa-George Cottage Includes:
- Basic twin bedroom
- En-suite bathroom with a shower
- Situated on the game reserve and a five-minute drive from the Main Lodge
Kwa-George Cottage Rates & Inclusions
- R450 per person per night, (saving R420 per person per night)
- Includes bed and breakfast
- No self-catering amenties, meals can be ordered from the main lodge.
Rates for Kwa-George Cottage & Kwa-George Cottage Exclude:
- Conservation Levy
- Any other meals & drinks
Fugitives’ Drift Lodge is renowned for its flagship daily battlefield tours to Isandlwana and Rorke’s Drift. These thought-provoking, and often emotionally charged tours leave guests with a profound appreciation of modern-day South Africa. Long family associations with the area and its people allow Fugitives’ Drift to offer unique Zulu perspectives on these remarkable battles. The whole family can participate as tours are also offered to children under 12 and can be tailored to their particular ages.
Game Walks for Kids
Children will have the opportunity to see giraffe, zebra, wildebeest, kudu, nyala, and other non-threatening game. They will also discover the traditional medicinal uses of the flora and fauna in this region as well.
(R 450 per day per child)
Mountain Biking & Hiking Trails
Fugitives’ Drift has an extensive network of trails, suitable for mountain bikes, e-bikes and trail runnners. Enjoy seeing wildlife, taking in the stunning views, and breathing in the clean air of the South African veld. Some routes also take you through old Zulu cattle Kraals, where you can soak up the history of the area at the same time.
Nature Walks and Birding
Explore the 2500-hectare Fugitives’ Drift Private Nature Reserve, home to an abundance of indigenous flora and fauna species, including zebra, giraffe, wildebeest, and several different kinds of antelope, and over 300 species of bird. It is best to book guided walks in advance to ensure the availability of a guide. If you would prefer to walk without a guide, it is perfectly safe to do so – get a map and a bottle of water from reception and explore free of charge.
(R240 per person)
Terms and Conditions
- We are following recommended health and safety protocols to keep our guests and staff safe.
- A 20% deposit is required for confirmation of this special rate.
- Single rates apply
- Full payment is required within 30 days of arrival.
- Provisional bookings will be held for 7 days.
- Bookings made within 2 weeks of arrival must be paid in full or we regret we will be unable to hold the room..
Special Offers are valid for stays up to and including 19 March 2021.